We were both nervous this morning- obviously. And fortunately it didn't take long for us to get calling in with the sonagram tech. She took lots and lots of pictures. Did lots of measurements and got that all out of the way before, as she called it, we went exploring for stuff we could see.
And before I break the news, I should list all the name of the people who gave opinions on whether it was a boy or a girl. And then, depending on what I say, he or she can feel either a.) like a winner or b.) the opposite. Having said that, I am proud to announce that we will be having a baby boy! So, all you girls from our young marrieds connection class that said I'd better put pink as the paint color on my gantt chart.... take that, and I wont name names (Rachel, Sonia, et. al.)
Yes, we do have a name. And I'll give some background on it first. We had a few criteria in that the first name needed to be a name from the Bible (we both like Bible names - although there are many that we wouldn't choose). And the middle name didn't have to be mine (as is tradition) but something related to a family member. Fortunately, we have lots of great Bible names to choose from with some even being on one side or other of our family. So, with that - our son will be named Benjamin David. Benjamin is a family name on my (Brian's) mother's side, and David after Emily's father. We will call him Ben for short. We know a few Ben's that are either family or friends, and so it just makes it all the more special.
We will keep you posted as time goes on. We're very excited and now the nursery work goes into full swing.
Sent Em a text this morning, but we couldn't be happier for you guys!!! Baby boys are such an incredible blessing!!! (And LOVING the name, Ben.... but maybe I'm a LITTLE biased =))
ReplyDeleteWhoa, called out on a blog. I think that's a first. Congratulations, and you will still have pink in the nursery -- Johnson's baby lotion. I will make sure to pick some up for you guys.
ReplyDelete